Deccan Odyssey - Maharashtra Wild Trail
Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
Destinations Covered : Mumbai – Ellora Caves – Aurangabad – Pench (Ramtek) – Tadoba – Ajanta Caves – Nashik – Mumbai
Day 01 (Sat) : Arrival Mumbai
After arriving in Mumbai, gather at ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus. Guests enjoy a traditional welcome with tikka and garland. After completing the check-in formalities, get on-board and settle in your cabin. Relish your welcome drink. The train starts its journey for the first destination. You can spend the free hours in exploring the Deccan Odyssey train, filled with world-class facilities. As you settle in, the Deccan Odyssey shall depart Mumbai for Aurangabad. Dinner on boardDay 02 (Sun) : Ellora Caves
After breakfast on-board, de-board the train for visiting the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ellora Caves. These rock-cut caves dedicated to Buddhism, Hinduism and Jainism were carved between the 5th and the 10th centuries. There is a total of 34 caves. Dinner and overnight stay aboard.Day 03 (Mon) : Aurangabad
After breakfast on-board, de-board the train for visiting Bibi-Ka-Maqbara. Popular as a replica of the Taj Mahal, this monument was erected in the 17th century by Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in the memory his first wife, Dilras Banu Begum.Followed by a visit to the famous Himroo Fabric weaving centre. Dinner and overnight stay aboard.Day 04 (Tue) : Pench (Ramtek)
After train arrives Tamtek, and drive to Pench National Park. Named after the Pench River which splits it into almost equal halves, the park is immensely rich in bio-diversity, an important ecosystem supporting an abundance of flora and fauna, including a rich variety of aquatic life. Enjoy morning and afternoon game safaris in the park. Dinner and overnight on-board.Day 05 (Wed) : Tadoba Tiger Reserves
Wake up before the sun this morning as the Deccan Odyssey rolls into Chandrapur station, for your early morning safari into the Tadoba Tiger Reserve, also known as 'The Jewel of Vidharba'. During morning and afternoon safaris, you can spot a vast variety of flora and fauna species including panthers, tigers, jackals, sloth bears, hyenas, barking dear, bison, wild dogs, sambhars, nilgai, cheatal, jaumn, Salari, Mahua, Dhaoda, Flying Squirrel, Indian Bison and more. Dinner and overnight on-board.Day 06 (Thu) : Ajanta Caves
The train arrives Jalgaon station this morning. After having breakfast on board, get down the train for driving up to UNESCO World Heritage Site of the Ajanta Caves, a World Heritage site. Carved between the 2nd century BCE to about 480 or 650 CE, these rock-cut caves contain sculptures and murals depicting the life and times of Lord Buddha. Around 30 in number, these caves are a specimen of Indian artistry. Go on-board the train for dinner and overnight stayDay 07 (Fri) : Nashik
This morning the Deccan Odyssey bring you to the holy city of Nashik, known as the 'Vineyard of India'. After breakfast, disembark and spend the morning walking along the Godavari Ghats observing several important Hindu rituals being performed. Continue on through the lively Wednesday market which sells everything from cow dung cakes to freshly caught catfish and many things in between.
Thereafter drive to the Grover Zampa vineyards for an exclusive tour of one of the finest Indian wine producing facilities. Walk through vines laden with Chenin, Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grapes. Be taken through the age old 'méthodetraditionnelle' used to make one of the best-known brands of sparkling wines in India. Allow the sommelier to acquaint your taste buds with their finest creations of white, red, rose and sparkling wines and experiment pairing them with your meal at the vineyards.
After a sumptuous lunch, return to the Deccan Odyssey. The rest of the day is at leisure on board.Day 08 (Sat) : Mumbai Departure
Today the train is back in Mumbai. Have your last kingly breakfast of the Maharashtra Splendor journey in-board the luxury Deccan Odyssey train. After completing the check-out formalities, detrain.
Schedule for Season 2017-18 & 2018-19
|May, 2018||5, 12|
|May, 2019||4, 11|
Tariff for Season 2017 - 2019 (for international travelers only)
|Single Cabin||Twin/Double Cabin||02 Children (in a separate Deluxe Cabin)|
- All costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per journey
- Government Service tax of 9% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff.
- 10% extra surcharge during Christmas and New Year departures.
- As the train runs on the tracks of the Indian Railways, the itineraries are subject to change in case of any changes in the routing etc.
- Prices are subject to change in case of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Children below 5 years of age shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 Adults and 2 children (One child up to 5 years of age and second child up to 12 years of age)
- Deccan Odyssey does accommodate children but we ask parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere we endeavor to maintain.
- One child up to 5 years of age shall be allowed free of cost in the Deluxe Cabin, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- For families, with a child between 6-12 years of age, or, with two children with one child below 5 years and another between 6-12 years, we recommend the Presidential Suite which has a double bed in the bedroom and can be shared with a child below 5 years and a sofa cum bed in the living room which can accommodate the older child. In this case, the child/children will be accommodated free of cost.
- In case of two children between 6-12 years of age travelling with their parents, you will have to take 2 cabins. The first child pays 25% of the adult fare and the second child will have to pay 50% of the adult fare. One of the parents will have to be present with the child / children in the cabin.
- Please note that we do not have the facility for interconnecting cabins.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabin with en suite bathrooms
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Soft Beverages during the journey
- Valet Service
- Still Camera fees
- Guided off train excursions and game drives as illustrated in the itinerary - inclusive of entrance fees, park fees, transport and services of an English speaking local guide
- Taxes including 9% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) Government Service Tax, Insurance, Gratuities
- Laundry, Alcoholic Beverages
- Video and Professional Still Camera Fees
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- International and Domestic air tickets
- Pre and Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as a part of the journey
- All activities mentioned as 'options' in the itinerary.
- 20% of the ticket value at the time of booking.
- 80% of the ticket value 45 days before the departure date
- Any cancellation must be advised immediately by Email
- No cancellation on cancelling 60 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 20% of ticket value on cancelling 59 – 45 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 50% of ticket Value on cancelling 44 – 30 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 100% of ticket value on cancelling 29 days prior to the departure date