Deccan Odyssey - Indian Sojourn
Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
Destinations Covered : Mumbai – Vadodara – Udaipur – Jodhpur – Agra – SawaiMadhopur – Jaipur – Delhi
Day 01 (Sat) : Mumbai
Once you arrive in Mumbai, assemble at the ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus. Enjoy a traditional welcome with garland and Tikka. Complete the check-in formalities and go aboard the Deccan Odyssey train. Settle in your designated cabin and enjoy your welcome drink. You are free to explore the luxurious state-of-art facilities of the train as it starts moving towards its first destination, Vadodara. Dinner and overnight stay on-boardDay 02 (Sun) : Vadodara
Today, the Indian Odyssey journey aboard the Deccan Odyssey is for exploring the city of Gaekwad rulers, Vadodara. Detrain post breakfast for a city tour including the very popular Jama Masjid. During the day, you explore Champaner- Gujarat's historic city, visiting the Pavagadh Archaeological Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Later in the day, visit the Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum. After sightseeing, attend a nice folk dance performance at the Laxmi Vilas Palace, followed by sumptuous dinner including recipes from the kitchen of the royalty. Stay overnight on-board the train.Day 03 (Mon) : Udaipur
Today, the train arrives in one of India's most romantic cities, Udaipur. Breakfast on-board the train is followed by sightseeing in Udaipur that includes major attractions like the City Palace. The next major attraction in the 'City of Lakes' is the Crystal Gallery at Fateh Prakash Palace, known for having an amazing private collection of crystals. After this thrilling city tour, the evening is scheduled for enjoy a boat ride on the serene water of Lake Pichola. Dinner and on-board stay.Day 04 (Tue) : Jodhpur
The day is for exploring the historical Blue city of Rajasthan, Jodhpur. Mouth-watering breakfast is served on-board. Breakfast is followed by a city tour. Enjoy a walk through the lanes of the old markets of Jodhpur where you can also get your hands on some great stuff. Another interesting activity of the day is visiting the glorious Mehrangarh Fort, standing 400 feet above the city level. This huge structure offers a great view of the surroundings. Back to the train for dinner and night stay.Day 05 (Wed) : Agra
Today, the train enters the Mughal city of Agra in the morning. After relishing tasty breakfast on-board the Deccan Odyssey, you can now indulge in sightseeing, including the city's major attractions. Most of these architectural wonders were erected during the Mughal Rule. One of the Seven Wonders of the World, The Taj Mahal, world-renowned white-marble mausoleum, is the first in the list. It was commissioned by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. The other attractions include the Itmad-ud-Daulah Tomb or the Baby Taj and the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Dinner and overnight stay aboardDay 06 (Thu) : SawaiMadhopur
Today, tour is for a rendezvous with the big cats. The train arrives in SawaiMadhopur in the morning. Detrain for visiting the very popular Ranthambore National park, the former hunting grounds of the Kings of Jaipur. This park is known for housing Royal Bengal Tigers in very good number along with an exotic variety of flora and fauna. Partake in morning and evening safaris. Return to the train for dinner and overnight stayDay 07 (Fri) : Jaipur
The 04th day of this itinerary brings you to the royal Rajasthan's capital city, the vibrant Jaipur. After having breakfast on-board, detrain for exploring the magnificent forts and palaces of the Pink City. The city tour is followed by shopping and collection of souvenirs at the colorful local bazaars, known for excellent-quality gems, jewelry, handicrafts, and more. In the evening, relish Indian and International dishes during a gala dinner, hosted at a special venue. Overnight stay aboard the Deccan OdysseyDay 08 (Sat) : Delhi Departure
On the last day, the train is back to Delhi at the DelhiRailway Station. Breakfast on board. Complete the check-out formalities and detrain.
Schedule for Season 2017-18 & 2018-19
|Jan, 2018||6, 27|
|Mar, 2018||3, 31|
|Jan, 2019||5, 26|
|Mar, 2019||2, 30|
Tariff for Season 2017 - 2019 (for international travelers only)
|Single Cabin||Twin/Double Cabin||02 Children (in a separate Deluxe Cabin)|
- All costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per journey
- Government Service tax of 9% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff.
- 10% extra surcharge during Christmas and New Year departures.
- As the train runs on the tracks of the Indian Railways, the itineraries are subject to change in case of any changes in the routing etc.
- Prices are subject to change in case of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Children below 5 years of age shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 Adults and 2 children (One child up to 5 years of age and second child up to 12 years of age)
- Deccan Odyssey does accommodate children but we ask parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere we endeavor to maintain.
- One child up to 5 years of age shall be allowed free of cost in the Deluxe Cabin, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- For families, with a child between 6-12 years of age, or, with two children with one child below 5 years and another between 6-12 years, we recommend the Presidential Suite which has a double bed in the bedroom and can be shared with a child below 5 years and a sofa cum bed in the living room which can accommodate the older child. In this case, the child/children will be accommodated free of cost.
- In case of two children between 6-12 years of age travelling with their parents, you will have to take 2 cabins. The first child pays 25% of the adult fare and the second child will have to pay 50% of the adult fare. One of the parents will have to be present with the child / children in the cabin.
- Please note that we do not have the facility for interconnecting cabins.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabin with en suite bathrooms
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Soft Beverages during the journey
- Valet Service
- Still Camera fees
- Guided off train excursions and game drives as illustrated in the itinerary - inclusive of entrance fees, park fees, transport and services of an English speaking local guide
- Taxes including 9% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) Government Service Tax, Insurance, Gratuities
- Laundry, Alcoholic Beverages
- Video and Professional Still Camera Fees
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- International and Domestic air tickets
- Pre and Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as a part of the journey
- All activities mentioned as 'options' in the itinerary.
- 20% of the ticket value at the time of booking.
- 80% of the ticket value 45 days before the departure date
- Any cancellation must be advised immediately by Email
- No cancellation on cancelling 60 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 20% of ticket value on cancelling 59 – 45 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 50% of ticket Value on cancelling 44 – 30 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 100% of ticket value on cancelling 29 days prior to the departure date