Deccan Odyssey - Hidden Treasures of Gujarat
Duration : 07 Nights / 08 Days
Destinations Covered : Mumbai – Vadodara – Palitana – SasanGir – Little Rann Of Kutch – ModheraPatan – Nashik – Mumbai
Day 01 (Sat) : Mumbai to Vadodara
Once you arrive in Mumbai, assemble at the ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus. Enjoy a traditional welcome with garland and Tikka. Complete the check-in formalities and go aboard the Deccan Odyssey train. Settle in your designated cabin and enjoy your welcome drink. You are free to explore the luxurious state-of-art facilities of the train as it starts moving towards its first destination, Vadodara. Dinner and overnight stay on-boardDay 02 (Sun) : Vadodara
Today, the train enters the royal city of Gaekwards. After breakfast, de-board the train for partaking in sightseeing. The 2nd day includes visit to Champaner, home to very popular UNESCO World Heritage Site of Pavagadh Archaeological Park. Lunch on board. Sightseeing is followed by high-tea and refreshments at Laxmi Vilas Palace, the former residence of the royal family of the area. Later, dinner and overnight aboard the Deccan OdysseyDay 03 (Mon) : Palitana
Today, Deccan Odyssey reaches Bhavnagar. After relishing sumptuous breakfast, de-board the train for a day's expedition to Palitana. This town is home to the very popular group of Jain temples. Also known as the 'City of Temples', Palitana is located on Mount Shatrunjaya. One of the most sacred places for the followers of Jainism, there is a group of 863 marble-carved temples. Back on-board the train for dinner and overnight stayDay 04 (Tue) : SasanGir
As the train arrives in SasanGir, have your breakfast and get down from the train. The day is scheduled for wildlife viewing at the Gir National Park, accompanied by a naturalist. Lunch at Gateway Hotel. Founded in the year 1965, this sanctuary is the only home of the Asiatic Lions in the world. This national park is also home to deer, antelopes, the big cats, snakes, tortoise, pythons and several bird species. Back on-board for dinner and an overnight stay.Day 05 (Wed) : Little Rann Of Kutch
Today, the tour is scheduled for exploring the exotic Little Rann of Kutch. This marshy salt land is placed quite close to the Great Rann of Kutch in the state of Gujarat. Lunch at Rann Riders Safari Resort. This sanctuary is home to the largest population of Khur or the Indian Wild Ass. Declared as the Indian Wild Ass Sanctuary, it is listed in UNESCO World Heritage Sites. This place also has a vast variety of birds including cranes. Dinner and night-stay aboard the Deccan OdysseyDay 06 (Thu) : Modhera - Patan
Today, the train enters Modhera. Breakfast on board. This day, you get a chance to visit the Sun temple, erected in 1026 by King Bhimdev of the Solanki dynasty and the Rani-ka-Vav, well-known Queen's step well in Patan, an amazing architecture belonging to the 11th -12th century, known for its water management technique. The afternoon is scheduled for visiting the Veechar Utensils Museum, which has the utensils of the Indus Valley Civilization on display. Evening is scheduled for theme dinner at a special venue. Overnight aboard the trainDay 07 (Fri) : Nashik
This morning the Deccan Odyssey bring you to the holy city of Nashik, known as the 'Vineyard of India'. After breakfast, disembark and spend the morning walking along the Godavari Ghats observing several important Hindu rituals being performed. Continue on through the lively Wednesday market which sells everything from cow dung cakes to freshly caught catfish and many things in between.Dinner and night-stay aboard the Deccan OdysseyDay 08 (Sat) : Mumbai Departure
On the last day, the train is back to Mumbai at ChhatrapatiShivaji Terminus. Breakfast on board. Complete the check-out formalities and detrain.
Schedule for Season 2017-18 & 2018-19
Tariff for Season 2017 - 2019 (for international travelers only)
|Single Cabin||Twin/Double Cabin||02 Children (in a separate Deluxe Cabin)|
- All costs are in US Dollars
- The above costs are per cabin per journey
- Government Service tax of 9% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) is additional and will be charged extra on the published tariff.
- 10% extra surcharge during Christmas and New Year departures.
- As the train runs on the tracks of the Indian Railways, the itineraries are subject to change in case of any changes in the routing etc.
- Prices are subject to change in case of any amendment in the routing or other hikes such as fuel, taxes etc.
- Children below 5 years of age shall be allowed free, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- Presidential Suite can accommodate up to 3 adults or 2 Adults and 2 children (One child up to 5 years of age and second child up to 12 years of age)
- Deccan Odyssey does accommodate children but we ask parents to be mindful of the sophisticated adult atmosphere we endeavor to maintain.
- One child up to 5 years of age shall be allowed free of cost in the Deluxe Cabin, subject to sharing of double bed with parents. This is subject to availability of double bed at the time of booking.
- For families, with a child between 6-12 years of age, or, with two children with one child below 5 years and another between 6-12 years, we recommend the Presidential Suite which has a double bed in the bedroom and can be shared with a child below 5 years and a sofa cum bed in the living room which can accommodate the older child. In this case, the child/children will be accommodated free of cost.
- In case of two children between 6-12 years of age travelling with their parents, you will have to take 2 cabins. The first child pays 25% of the adult fare and the second child will have to pay 50% of the adult fare. One of the parents will have to be present with the child / children in the cabin.
- Please note that we do not have the facility for interconnecting cabins.
- All applicable taxes will be charged extra.
- Accommodation in double / twin bedded cabin with en suite bathrooms
- All meals (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner)
- Soft Beverages during the journey
- Valet Service
- Still Camera fees
- Guided off train excursions and game drives as illustrated in the itinerary - inclusive of entrance fees, park fees, transport and services of an English speaking local guide
- Taxes including 9% (subject to change as per Govt. directives) Government Service Tax, Insurance, Gratuities
- Laundry, Alcoholic Beverages
- Video and Professional Still Camera Fees
- Arrival and Departure transfers
- International and Domestic air tickets
- Pre and Post tour accommodation and any tour extensions unless specifically mentioned as a part of the journey
- All activities mentioned as 'options' in the itinerary.
- 20% of the ticket value at the time of booking.
- 80% of the ticket value 45 days before the departure date
- Any cancellation must be advised immediately by Email
- No cancellation on cancelling 60 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 20% of ticket value on cancelling 59 – 45 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 50% of ticket Value on cancelling 44 – 30 days prior to the departure date
- Retention of 100% of ticket value on cancelling 29 days prior to the departure date